Terms and Conditions
1. Covergard ™ policies on warranties and returns (applies to retail goods and custom services)
2. Care and Safety Instructions
- According to section 55 of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, products and services manufactured and produced/provided by Covergard ™ carry an implied warranty, except to the extent that those goods have been altered contrary to the instructions, or after leaving the control, of the producer, importer, distributor or retailer as the case may be.
- Unless a particular product packaging stipulates a longer warranty, Covergard ™ products carry a warranty of six (6) months.
- Within six (6) months after the delivery of any goods to a consumer, if the consumer feels the goods fail to satisfy the requirements stipulated, the consumer may return the goods to the supplier, at the cost of the supplier, and a replacement/repair/refund will be considered
- Replacements/repairs/refunds will only be granted by the supplier once the consumer returns the faulty goods to the supplier for factory inspection and a valid invoice/ proof of purchase slip has been produced.
- Covergard ™ will only accept returns from consumers returning goods originally purchased from Covergard ™. Goods purchased from our stockists or any other retail outlet supplied by Covergard ™ must be returned to the place of purchase, as the case may be.
Kindly take note of the following information in order to avoid undue wear and damage on your Covergard ™ product and the item being covered, where applicable:
3. Care Instructions
- Secure tie straps to the article once covered to prevent displacement during windy conditions
- Arrange covers so that water runs off and does not collect in pools, i.e.: ensure that cover is spread out just enough so no deep gathers or wrinkles occur where water can collect and remain stagnant, particularly over the sewn seams
- Items susceptible to moisture damage should not be left covered for lengthy periods, as they may become damaged by condensation or mildew.
- Durability of this product will vary according to exposure to sunlight and high temperatures – covers will naturally fade and weaken when exposed to sunlight for prolonged periods.
- Although the materials used are highly UV stabilised, the lifespan of the product could be severely reduced if placed under harsh or strong weather conditions.
- Covers over items such as braais must only be placed when the item has completely cooled down to normal day temperatures.
- Ensure that products, such as camping, braai and accessory bags are not overloaded above weighing more than the stipulated weight restriction, or with items not intended for use with the product
- Avoid placing items with sharp edges inside the product
- Avoid placing heavy or sharp objects on top of covers, as this may damage or weaken the product’s durability and appearance
- Avoid stretching or pulling at fabric in order to make the cover fit the item. This will weaken the fabric over time. Ensure that product dimensions are suitable for the size of the item to be covered first.
- Covers can be cleaned by simply wiping with soap and water.
- Do not use bleaching agents or harsh detergents to clean product
- Keep clean by brushing regularly with a soft-bristled brush
- Clean with clear, cold water. For localised stains, clean with a neutral detergent mixed in lukewarm water (max 40 °C) and rinse
- Keep solvents, insecticides, petrol and other similar fluids away from product.
- Ensure product has been thoroughly dried before packing away.
- All quotes provided by Covergard ™:
It is the responsibility of the consumer to ensure that all information contained in the quote (such as measurements, quantities etc.), are correct and satisfactory to the consumer.
By payment being made the consumer confirms that all information is correct and satisfactory.
5. Responsibility of Consumer
- - Are free of charge and carry no obligation to purchase.
- - Are valid for 14 days
- It is the responsibility of the consumer to ensure that:
- - The product is suitable for the purposes of intended use.
- The consumer must familiarize himself with the specific suitability of each type of material, specification and product dimensions before purchase, according to the purpose of intended use. This information is available on our website, or upon enquiry from an informed staff member of Covergard ™.
- - The product dimensions correspond to the dimensions of the item belonging to the consumer which the product will be used for/with
- - All necessary safety precautions and important notices are adhered to as stipulated on/behind/in front of product packaging/product cards.
- - Products which are not to the consumer’s satisfaction are reported/ queried with Covergard ™ within the time during which refunds/replacements/repairs/remedies are still valid, as stipulated in section 2 of these terms and conditions
- Covergard ™ acknowledges the consumer’s right to privacy and confidentiality. Any information provided via the Covergard ™ website, www.covergard.co.za, or via any other means to Covergard ™ will be treated as private and confidential information; information provided will not be sold to, or otherwise exchanged with, third-party companies.
- Any information gathered on the Covergard ™ website, or by any of its staff and representatives, will be used solely for the purpose of selling our products, and to improve current and future consumers' experiences with Covergard ™.
- Covergard ™ does not accept liability for the security of your personal information outside of the reasonable control of Covergard ™. Additionally, Covergard assumes no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond the reasonable control of Covergard ™.
Should you have any queries with regard to these terms and conditions, please contact Covergard ™:
- Covergard™ products are designed to help reduce the damaging effects of harsh weather conditions and other natural causes for damage to possessions; as such, products cannot completely prevent damage
- Owing to the nature of conditions under which our products are likely to be placed (i.e.: generally used outdoors), fading/discolouration, as well as a slight deterioration of the fabric on products do occur naturally over time
- The standard/ appearance of materials used in the making of products may differ according to suppliers and availability.
- Covergard ™ products (aside from those which are made of Ripstop fabric and able to withstand direct sunlight in limited amounts) are ideal for use with items stored in sheltered/covered areas with limited sun-exposure in the day
- Tel: 011 440 0800
- Fax: 011 440 0804
- Email: email@example.com